Volunteers of Glen Eira is advertising this role on behalf of Ardoch.
The roles are located in Frankston (including Hastings) and Greater Dandenong in VICTORIA.
Ardoch is a national children’s education charity, working hard to improve educational outcomes for children and young people in communities experiencing disadvantage by providing vital learning and wellbeing resources and activities.
In 2019 Ardoch volunteers supported 18,715 children and young people by contributing 35,323 hours of their time working with teachers in schools and early learning centres. With many students experiencing disruptions to learning in 2020, we need your help more than ever to enable them realise their potential through education.
With many students experiencing disruptions to learning in 2020, we need your help more than ever to enable them realise their potential through education.
You will support students, teachers and schools in Primary and Secondary settings in this dynamic volunteer role. Working one-to-one with children or in small groups, you will help students to further develop their literacy and numeracy skills, as well as being a friendly and positive adult role model to them.
With us you can gain:
- training and support to help you feel confident in your role
- ongoing professional development sessions with knowledgeable guest speakers
- a valued place in our vibrant volunteer community
- the opportunity to play an important part in a young person’s education journey
This opportunity involves volunteering for 2 hours a week. You will work with students at the same time and at the same school each week, for a minimum of 6 months.
- Clear Police check (Ardoch will complete free of charge)
- Working With Children Check
- 3 professional references
- proof of COVID-19 vaccination