The Base is a multi-purpose, community youth centre designed to support young people in our community by offering a safe and inclusive environment, available to young people aged 13-18 years old. Our space has been created to function as a drop-in youth centre, as well as a community space available for higher, where other organisations can offer programs to meet community needs. The venue has been designed with the needs of young people at heart. In addition to offering a comfortable meeting space, The Base offers a movie theatre, dance/yoga studio, and will soon have an operating social enterprise coffee window – Where young people can gain practical work experience and learn transferable workplace skills.
It is our vision to offer young people a supportive environment and inclusive opportunities. The venue has been in development over the past 18 months through the hardships experienced during the COVID-19 Pandemic and we’re now on the cusp of opening our doors. In order to achieve our vision of offering young people a ‘home away from home’ we require the support of a few excellent volunteers.
We are looking for Barista’s to help run our social enterprise takeaway coffee window near Ringwood Train Station and serve coffee and similar beverages to commuters. All profits are used to support the operations of The Base community youth centre, helping provide a home away from home for young people. Training in the use of our coffee machine and the serving of beverages will be provided.
- Delivering exceptional customer service
- Making and serving coffees, teas and other beverages
- Operating a cash register
- Cash handling and EFTPOS processing
- Assisting in cleaning of dishes and beverage preparation areas
- Ability to stand of extended periods of time
- Previous experience in a barista or customer service role is preferred but not essential
- Working with children’s check
- National Police check
- One 4 Hour shift per week
- Open Monday – Friday 6am – 10am, Saturdays 8am – 12pm