The Base is a multi-purpose, community youth centre designed to support young people in our community by offering a safe and inclusive environment, available to young people aged 13-18 years old. Our space has been created to function as a drop-in youth centre, as well as a community space available for higher, where other organisations can offer programs to meet community needs. The venue has been designed with the needs of young people at heart. In addition to offering a comfortable meeting space, The Base offers a movie theatre, dance/yoga studio, and will soon have an operating social enterprise coffee window – Where young people can gain practical work experience and learn transferable workplace skills.
It is our vision to offer young people a supportive environment and inclusive opportunities. The venue has been in development over the past 18 months through the hardships experienced during the COVID-19 Pandemic and we’re now on the cusp of opening our doors. In order to achieve our vision of offering young people a ‘home away from home’ we require the support of a few excellent volunteers.
This Role will help connect 4TK to community partners and proactively network with other NFP groups and local schools to help build foundational networks and market The Base as a venue available for hire.
- Connect with schools and youth groups to encourage young people to stop by The Base
- Connect with other organisations and NFPs to build awareness of 4TK and the Base
- Promote The Base as a venue available for hire for service delivery
- Source and facilitate relationships with service providers interested in utilising space at The Base
- Help set up focus groups with young people to hear what they would like out of the space
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager in building community engagement.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal with strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to engage with both public and private stakeholders
- Experience delivering high quality work with attention to detail
- Ability to connect with a wide cross section of people
- Experience in a Similar Role would be Preferred