The Base is a multi-purpose, community youth centre designed to support young people in our community by offering a safe and inclusive environment, available to young people aged 13-18 years old. Our space has been created to function as a drop-in youth centre, as well as a community space available for higher, where other organisations can offer programs to meet community needs. The venue has been designed with the needs of young people at heart. In addition to offering a comfortable meeting space, The Base offers a movie theatre, dance/yoga studio, and will soon have an operating social enterprise coffee window – Where young people can gain practical work experience and learn transferable workplace skills.
It is our vision to offer young people a supportive environment and inclusive opportunities. The venue has been in development over the past 18 months through the hardships experienced during the COVID-19 Pandemic and we’re now on the cusp of opening our doors. In order to achieve our vision of offering young people a ‘home away from home’ we require the support of a few excellent volunteers.
We are looking for an experienced event planner to work with our director and board to plan fundraising events to help support The Base. The event planner will work closely with our Media Manager and Community Liaison to provide planning and delivery of fundraising and community engagement events as required.
- Securing venues for community events
- Plan, supervise and assist the set-up of spaces for events
- Provide clear, professional and timely communication to all support staff and stakeholders involved in events.
- Collaborate with our Media Manager to help promote events
- Collaborate with our Community Liaison to obtain donations and community support for auctions and similar events
- Provide expertise with event coordination to the direct and board as needed
- Preferred previous experience in a similar role with hands on coordination
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience delivering high quality work with attention to detail
- Intermediate computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office and similar software