CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for passionate theatre lovers to join us as Performing Arts Stage Assistant volunteers!
Whatever scene you’re in, we want to welcome you on (or behind) the stage to share your sparkle and skills or experience in musical, creative and performance arts with other drama and dance lovers in your community!
CPL's Screech Arts program is an innovative and inclusive performing arts program for creative spirits of all ages and abilities. It’s all about creating an accessible environment for performers of all ages, and all abilities, to participate at their own pace.
As a volunteer Performing Arts - Stage Assistant you will be:
- Welcoming performers to the workshops
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Participating in physical theatre/dance workshops, rehearsals and performances alongside clients.
- Encouraging clients to engage with theatre and related arts by building confidence and experience in drama together.
- Assisting and contributing to the development of theatre productions and activities with the Screech Arts Facilitator.
- Stage assistance and sound operation
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
- Leading and managing the screech program activities at the location -your role is to engage and inspire with your creative talents, skills and expertise!
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!