This team collects furniture and other agreed items donated by the public, delivers them to the warehouse and assists the warehouse team unload and safely store the items. When needed, may act as warehouse assistant. Reports directly to the Warehouse Co-ordinator of the day.
- A current driver’s licence (preferable Heavy Vehicle or experience driving vans or cars with trailers) and a good driving history (drivers only).
- Good people skills for liaising with donors of goods.
- Basic understanding ways to efficiently and safely moving donated furniture and equipment to minimise damage to the furniture and the house it is being moved from.
- Fitness to handle heavy items and use trolleys and other tools to move and safely load and move the furniture.
- Awareness and application of OH&S requirements in moving furniture etc.
- Be in good health
Must not be receiving assistance from a welfare agency at present (excluding CentreLink) due to possible conflict of interest.
The people we are looking for will be available to help on an ongoing weekly basis.
Unfortunately this role is not suitable for students wanting only a semester long experience or anyone else looking for a short term commitment.
Like to find out more? APPLY NOW!