We are looking for a proactive, like-minded advocate who shares our belief that learning should be personal and relevant to the real world.
This role is ideal for relief teachers, part-time teacher aides, interns or youth workers with a finance background looking for experience in alternative education and the opportunity to make a big difference.
- Run hands-on tutorials for individuals or small groups who are preparing for their future pathway
- Support teens with independent projects and online learning
- Ability to get teenagers excited about learning
- Demonstrated commitment to working in the field of youth work and/or alternative education
- Applicants will be subject to police and referee checks, identification verification and the requirement to disclose any information relevant to the candidates' eligibility to engage in activities including young people
- Pro-active and innovative
- Engaging communicator
- Friendly and good at listening
- Work and live to high standards
- A team player who is respectful to colleagues
- A commitment to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Willing to embrace Christian values and contribute words of encouragement in our weekly staff meeting
While living in Redland City is not essential, a commitment to the local community is highly desirable. We want to make a big impact on the youth of this city.
Company description: Celebrate Learning is a growing, welcoming community where teens can freely explore their interests and learn key life skills without attending highschool. The workplace has flexible seating, is close to the food court, near to public transport and encourages members and staff to be themselves (yes, you can wear your Doctor Who shirt!)