Volunteer West is advertising this role on behalf of Gateways Support Services.
Recreation Volunteers provide fun, safety and learning opportunities to participants attending Gateways programs, under the supervision of qualified staff. Volunteers may be involved in Holiday Programs, and other group programs run by Gateways Support Services.
Under the supervision of trained staff you will:
- Support & encourage children and young people with disabilities to participate in recreation programs.
- Provide competent supervision of children and young people with disabilities and ensure a safe environment.
We are looking for volunteers who have:
- Plenty of enthusiasm
- Creativity and initiative
- A positive attitude towards people with disabilities
- Appropriate skills to communicate with people with disabilities and their families.