About the role:
This role will be enabling and supporting the cloud journey by driving fast paced delivery and support of the Departments cloud platform. The role will be working with AWS on a true enterprise-scale towards delivering an automated, robust and secure cloud environment. This position will have a strong focus on automating product deployments and repeatable tasks to reduce turnaround time and human error. In addition, the role will support existing products that have been migrated into AWS, as well as plan future migrations and assist with architecting new products.
Role and Responsibilities:
Orchestrate and Automate cloud-based platforms throughout the organisation.
Plan, design and develop cloud-based application infrastructure.
You will also play a critical role in helping us to drive technology uplift and innovation across all our products.
Liaising with Software and Test Engineers to develop and implement build and deployment procedures.
Remain current with technologies and architectures, including AWS Services, to ensure our platforms and services continuously improve and engineering teams are engaged and informed in relation to architecture trends and best-practices.
Nice to have
- Desirable - Have worked with the AWS cloud for 2-3 years and ideally have a certification such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect or similar
- Background in IT Systems or Network Engineering and solid understanding of system administration fundamentals
- Ability to quickly understand complex business problems and devise effective solutions.
- Collaborate with our architects, engineering and development teams to identify and implement the most optimal AWS cloud solutions.
Why volunteer with us?
If you relish working in an evolving environment, have a desire to work collaboratively amongst a wealth of talent and gain some great experience personally and professionally our organization is a great place to be.
- We will provide you with a great work environment and support by providing you with advanced systems to work on and great mentor-ship, which will give you an opportunity to gain experience and improve your skill sets.
- You will get the opportunity to meet volunteers with similar interests, which will provide you with an opportunity to network and learn from other professionals.
- Most importantly, if you volunteer with us for four months and beyond, we will provide you with Volunteering Certificate and references on your LinkedIn profile
As part of this process, we’ll help you grow your knowledge of customer experience and stakeholder relations in an industry-leading environment