- An enthusiastic, happy and confident communicator to assist with marshalling at a Fundraising Walk.
- Marshall experience at another similar style event (not required but favorable)
- first aid experience required to assist with areas such as heat stroke, dehydration, falls etc
- Will be supplied a high-vis + water bottle
- Event is an annual fundraising walk in support of people with Motor Neurone Disease
- Motor Neurone Disease is a neurodegenerative disease with 2 Australians being diagnosed each day! Unfortunately, MND is a life-limiting disease with an average life expectancy of 2-3years form diagnoses with 2 Australians passing way each day. This walk aims to increase awareness of MND and raise vital funds for services and research for a cure.
- This is an inclusive event with participants ranging from solo individuals, families with children, groups of friends and those who have been affect by MND. Some participants may be in wheelchairs.
- The course is either a 1.5km or 3km return walk starting at New Farm Park (near the powerhouse)
- Fundraising raffle, merchandise, BBQ, beverages, entertainment and awards throughout event.
You will receive:
- Information prior to the event day and brief on morning prior to participant arrival
- A high-vis and/or shirt
- Experience working in outdoor large scale events
- Time spent by the beach
If you can assist with set up and packdown this would also be appreciated!
Please get in touch if you would like to be involved in an event that makes a difference to the lives of people with MND!