The Salvation Army (TSA) is one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year and hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your experiences in customer services to serve disadvantaged people in your community?
The Salvation Army Doorways program provides person-centred care to community members who are in financial crisis. Our practitioners are mindful of trauma informed practices, working within a strength-based context with holistic principles to build individual capacity, resilience and well-being. Assistance provided includes food vouchers, food parcels, budgeting assistance, NILS (interest-free loans), bill payment, advocacy and referrals to financial counselling or other specialist services where appropriate. Where deeper issues are identified we work with community members within a case management context.
Doorways Victoria is a large Emergency Relief provider with 62 sites across Victoria and provides a range of material aids and financial assistance via both face-to-face and remote support to community members who are experiencing financial hardship.
Doorways Victoria employs 200 staff and over 200 volunteers. Most of our service sites are supported by, and co-located within TSA local Corps.
Doorways Program is funded by The Salvation Army and federal government income. Our annual operation income is circa $8.5 million, excluding in-kind donated goods.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic volunteer Material Aid Assistant to join our friendly team at Box Hill Corps. You would be responsible for unloading of delivery vehicles, checking and placing material aid stock on shelves, preparing food parcels and providing quality customer service.
Attention to maintaining a clean, safe, hygienic and healthy work environment is critical. Safety and well-being of self and others is vital and there is a requirement to identify and report hazards and incidents when/if they occur.
This is an ongoing position located at Box Hill, Tuesday and Thursday, at 10 hours per week or as agreed with the Team Leader.
- Unload the truck, unpack boxes and stock shelves with material aid items.
- Check use by dates of food stock and dispose of expired stock
- Prepare material aid packs in line with community member’s orders
- Prepack emergency parcels (where required)
- Check the fridge to ensure appropriate food temperatures are maintained
- Defrost the fridge at regular intervals
- Providing friendly customer service
- Responding to community member’s requirements and queries
- Monitor and report any health and safety concerns within the premises
- Undertake general cleaning and sanitising of shelves, floors, benches
- Customer service experience preferable.
- Food handling experience desirable.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Complete the TSA mission volunteer induction, training and registration process
- Complete integrity checks as required by TSA (National Police Check and Working with Children's Check). TSA is a child safe workplace
- A reasonable level of fitness to meet the inherent requirements of the role
- Closed footwear must be worn at all times
TSA Doorways Victoria embraces diversity and encourages applications from:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- People who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- People with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
We encourage you to attach your resume so that we can get to know you a little better.