This role is advertised by Volunteer West, the volunteer resource centre of Australian Multicultural Community Services on behalf of Wyndham Bright Young Leaders program.
Bright Young Leaders is a 7 week leadership program for children aged 7-12 years old. Each week the facilitator will cover a different leadership topic as the children participate in fun individual and group activities. The final week is a graduation ceremony where the children receive a certificate.
We are looking for an experienced grant writer to help us apply for grants and grow our program. This is a flexible role that can be done from home; volunteers who live in Melbourne’s West (Cities of Moonee Valley, Maribyrnong, Hobson’s Bay, Wyndham, Brimbank, Melton) are preferred.
We would like the volunteer to:
- Research available grants and funding opportunities that are suitable for community groups
- Write grant applications and prepare supporting documents and budget proposals
- Build sustainable working relationships with funders.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in writing grant applications for organisations (preferably not-for-profits and small multicultural community groups)
- Excellent research and written communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and is highly detail oriented
- Ability to find grant opportunities that are well-suited to Wyndham Bright Young Leaders’ mission and requirements
- A high level of computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite.