Do you want to help save orangutans, other critically endangered species, and the last rainforests of Indonesia?
The Orangutan Project (TOP) is expanding and we're looking for an experienced Event Coordinator to manage a range of new fundraising events in Sydney. This is a new role with exciting opportunities and broad scope for the right person. We're on a mission to increase our fundraising so we can save even more orangutans and other species from extinction. Now is the very best time to join us - and make this role your own!
About the role
This is a voluntary position reporting to the Volunteers Fundraising Manager. The position is based in Sydney, with some remote online work as well as in-person work at events.
The Event Coordinator will be responsible for end-to-end planning, managing and marketing of fundraising events. If you want to make a difference with a reputable international NFP and use your event management skills in the name of conservation, this is the role for you.
Position responsibilities include:
- Conceive, plan, manage and market fundraising events across Sydney
- Develop and implement marketing and media plan
- Promote and sell tickets throughout Sydney and beyond
- Mentor volunteers in event management
- Manage and address risks and hazards at events
- Record and bank funds raised at events
- Work online using the Google Suite and in-person at events
- Adhere to TOP's policies, procedures and Code of Conduct
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum three years of experience in event management in a workplace setting
- Experience in fundraising is useful but not mandatory
- Proactive self-starter able to work autonomously with minimal guidance
- Passion for conservation and saving endangered species and rainforests
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Able to work online in the Google Suite
This role is an exciting opportunity to build on your existing event management skills and experience and make a difference to species conservation. It's also a prime opportunity to share your knowledge and skills by mentoring younger volunteers who are keen to learn about event management.
The Volunteers Fundraising Manager will provide guidance on TOP event policies and processes, but there is a lot of flexibility and scope for you to create events in line with your interests, skills, networks and experience.
Above all, if you're looking to use your skills and knowledge with a reputable environmental charity and make a real difference to some of the world's most vulnerable environments and species, this is the role for you.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! After you’ve applied below, please send a copy of your resume or brief summary of your experience to our email address, which will be sent to you in an automated message.
About The Orangutan Project
The Orangutan Project is the main brand within our parent company, Wildlife Conservation International (WCI), which also includes the International Elephant Project and International Tiger Project. Initially founded in Perth, WA by world-renowned primatologist Leif Cocks (OAM), we are an international wildlife conservation organisation that manages and supports holistic, grassroots projects to save the remaining Critically Endangered orangutans, tigers and elephants and rainforest ecosystems of Sumatra and Borneo.
Our holistic approach focuses on four key pillars:
- Legally protect forests
- Secure, restore and patrol orangutan, elephant and tiger habitat
- Rescue, rehabilitate and release infant orangutans and displaced and injured orangutans, elephants and tigers
- Educate and empower the local communities and indigenous people
The Orangutan Project highly values our wonderful volunteers and the enormous contribution they make. Our volunteers raise much-needed funds and awareness about the urgent need for conservation of critically endangered species and their forest homes. We are always delighted to welcome new volunteers from diverse backgrounds.