VOLUNTEER WITH US, BECAUSE GOOD WORKS!
Brand New Education Program Melton!
Who: Volunteers to support children in our Brand New Education Program in Melton. Students who attend the program have the opportunity to develop social, emotional and academic skills as part of a positive learning experience.
When & Where Wednesday 3.30-5.30 during school terms. Melton Community Centre, 239 Station Street, Melton
The Good Works you will be involved in: Our Education Program volunteers are passionate about learning and seek to motivate the young participants on our programs with this enthusiasm. They use a growth mindset, strength based approach to student driven learning. You may work with a small group of students to develop a love of reading and discussing of books. It will be incredibly motivating seeing the students develop in their education thanks to your support.
Requirements: No experience required. A Working with Children’s Check and Police Check is required before you commence, arranged and paid for by St Vincent de Paul. You will also be required to complete an online Child Safety & Food Handling Course. St Vincent de Paul will assist you in acquiring all checks. No cost is involved
We are looking for people with:
- A positive attitude!
- A passion for helping others and giving back to your local community
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- An ability to build rapport in a respectful manner with people from a range of backgrounds and cultures
- The ability to act with empathy and without judgement
- The ability to commit to shifts once a week at least 2 school terms
- Someone looking to join a supportive, like-minded and committed team of volunteers who make a real difference in the lives of young people
As a volunteer you will be able to
First and foremost, read with the students or support them to complete their homework!
Help students from a range of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds to develop their social and language skills in a fun learning environment
Provide direction, support and guidance to the students where needed
We can offer you
- Space to develop your interpersonal and communication skills
- Develop an understanding of working in CALD and disadvantaged populations
- Experience in a respected national not-for-profit organisation
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Initial and ongoing training opportunities
- The opportunity to build lifelong friendships with other volunteers
How do I apply? Please use the form below to apply and be a part of something both exciting and meaningful! The Volunteer Recruitment Team will then be in touch with you to guide you through the next steps
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.