The Salvation Army Thrift Stores are a vibrant places where great things happen: generous people donate amazing items, customers enjoy an ever-changing selection of goods, volunteers gain friendships and share experiences, all whilst raising much-needed funds to assist the most vulnerable in your community. You can be a part of this by volunteering a few hours per week as a Retail Cashier.
A typical day as a volunteer Customer Service Assistant will see you attending to customer needs whilst maintaining a welcoming environment and contributing to a positive in-store experience. This role supports the Store Manager in the day to day operations of the store which occur out the back, on the shop floor and at the customer service counter - ensuring quality customer service, sorting of donated goods, pricing, visual merchandising and maintaining the general appearance and upkeep of the shop. You will also be responsible for point of sale transactions
including cash handling, cash register and EFTPOS. Your attention to detail and a desire for order and sparkle will be assets in this role, as will your upbeat and friendly attitude.
Equally important, all Customer Service Assistants are responsible for fostering a culture of inclusiveness and community spirit amongst the volunteer team, which will in turn enhance the customer experience in the store.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements For The Role
- Customer service, retail or merchandising experience would be beneficial, but not essential as on the job training and induction are provided for the right candidates
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- A Criminal History Check (National Police Check) is required for the role
- A WWCC may be required if working with team members under the age of 18
- Complete TSA mandatory training and induction modules, and any other training as required
Roster & Time Commitment
- Various shifts 4-8 hours available for immediate start across the week
- Please advise your availability with your expression of interest.
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will be provided to the successful candidate.
The Salvation Army is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.