Position Summary and Primary Objectives
Maggie's Rescue is a registered animal welfare charity based in the Inner West of Sydney. It is a co-operative of compassionate and committed carers and volunteers that rescue and re-home companion animals, undertake education programs in the local community, advocate for legislative amendments that promote the welfare of animals and organise fundraising events to raise money for desexing and veterinary costs for the animals in our care.
Maggie’s relies entirely on the efforts of volunteers to run smoothly. We are on the hunt for a talented Social Media assistant who can help increase engagement across all social channels. As the organisation's online social butterfly, you'll be responsible for commenting, liking, questioning and inviting the community to our events - you will build, activate and create some fun posts.
The majority of visual social content will be created by our Graphics Designer and Marketing Officers, but you may be required to create ad-hoc content on an as-needed basis. A bonus would be someone who has extensive experience with Social Media analytics and strategy!
Make a real difference for companion animals who need our help!
- Following the organisations brand and style guidelines to create compelling social media content Operate social media campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Contribute to and utilise the content calendar on the 3rd party application
- Later Identify and monitor influencers and build relationships with Maggie’s advocates
- Manage our online community by monitoring, listening and responding to users in a “Social” way Consistently find ways to boost the popularity of the Maggie’s website, blogs and campaigns to increase user activity and monitor this through analytics
- Schedule content strategically across social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more to inspire and inform our audience
- Knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Media software experience (Later)
- Passion for pet rescue and raising awareness for animal rights
- Reliability and commitment
- Self-motivating and comfortable working remotely
- Working collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent communication
- A self-starter that is willing to identify areas for improvement
- Experience with and access to photo editing software (eg Photoshop, Canva)
- Ability to analyse social data, find patterns and adjust content accordingly
- Passion for pet rescue, building community and educating people with success stories and pet responsibilities that will lead to a better future for our pets
- Ideally you will be looking to develop a career in social media marketing for good and will use this experience to help you on your journey.
- You read social media posts, blogs and online magazines about animal rescue
- You already have a large network of influencers and change makers who are active online
The following Core Competencies are the skills, knowledge and behaviour expected of an employee or volunteer at Maggies Rescue.
Communication Skills - High level of communication, clearly and professionally in written and oral form, ranging from factual reporting to story-telling style.
Initiative and Confidence - Generates and acts on new ideas that add value to the business. Looks at different ways to solve problems and address difficulties. Always offers a solution to an issue they face.
Achievement Drive - Set goals and strives to achieve them with enthusiasm and determination.
Respect - Treats colleagues and customers in a manner which demonstrates professionalism, integrity, honesty and fairness and without judgement.