Position Summary and Primary Objectives
Maggie's Rescue is a registered animal welfare charity based in the Inner West of Sydney. It is a co-operative of compassionate and committed carers and volunteers that rescue and re-home companion animals, undertake education programs in the local community, advocate for legislative amendments that promote the welfare of animals and organise fundraising events to raise money for desexing and veterinary costs for the animals in our care.
Maggie’s relies entirely on the efforts of volunteers to run smoothly. The logistical champion of our charitable community, we are looking for a volunteer Event Fundraising co-ordinator who will pride themselves in community engagement, and championing our mission in Sydney to new supporters.
In this role you will work with the Marketing Team Leader to plan, coordinate and execute our Tier 2 events ie. markets, doggy days, bunnings fundraisers etc. as well as supporting our bigger Tier 1 events, movie screenings, comedy nights and a large outdoor community event.
Supported by the wider Marketing team, you will use your skills to ensure our events run smoothly and with your on-site team help engage audiences to learn more about Maggies Rescue and raiding some much needed funds. Making a real difference for companion animals who need our help!
The Event Fundraising Coordinator will be asked to feedback and participate in the marketing committee, contributing meaningfully to the future running of the charity.
Make a real difference for companion animals who need our help!
There is no typical week within the Event Fundraising team, this is what makes it special!
- Collating all requirements for the event
- Logistically organising and arranging bump-in/bump-out, signage, gifts, prizes and other logistical needs
- Organising teams along with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Donations, prizes and auction item procurement, liaising with the Sponsor Coordinator and the wider marketing committee
- Creating a run sheet
- Liaising with event contacts and venue
- Being a runner (available for ad-hoc tasks on the day)
- Taking and collating photos, if a social media rep isn’t available - we will tend to request a social media person attend as your role as event lead will be too busy
- Debriefing of event and recommendations
- Ensure photos where necessary are archived and/or shared (to main sponsors)
- Have basic event management skills
- Have the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team, taking on new tasks as required - Approximately 5-15 hours per week - if you can! We are flexible!!
- Have highly developed organisational and time management skills
- Have highly developed communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Have the ability to perform set tasks efficiently and to a high standard
- Have passion and drive
- Be flexible and confident in engaging others
- Be highly proficient in MS Office
- Have photography skills (desirable)
The following Core Competencies are the skills, knowledge and behaviour expected of an employee or volunteer at Maggies Rescue.
Communication Skills - High level of communication, clearly and professionally in written and oral form, ranging from factual reporting to story-telling style.
Initiative and Confidence - Generates and acts on new ideas that add value to the business. Looks at different ways to solve problems and address difficulties. Always offers a solution to an issue they face.
Achievement Drive - Set goals and strives to achieve them with enthusiasm and determination.
Respect - Treats colleagues and customers in a manner which demonstrates professionalism, integrity, honesty and fairness and without judgement.