Position Summary and Primary Objectives
Maggie's Rescue is a registered animal welfare charity based in the Inner West of Sydney. It is a co-operative of compassionate and committed carers and volunteers that rescue and re-home companion animals, undertake education programs in the local community, advocate for legislative amendments that promote the welfare of animals and organise fundraising events to raise money for desexing and veterinary costs for the animals in our care.
Maggie’s relies entirely on the efforts of volunteers to run smoothly. We are looking for a talented and passionate Graphic Designer to help create consistent and eye-catching marketing materials.
Make a real difference for companion animals who need our help!
Assist in the ad hoc design, adaptation, production and layout of key collateral, including print, social media images and other printed material for use across digital channels, including:
- Website / branded event images
- Print advertisements
- GIFs for newsletter / web
- Social media Images
- Artwork for media and partner outlets
- Newsletter images, adverts, banners etc.
- High-level competence with Photoshop and Indesign
- Previous experience creating content for print, web and social media
- High level of organisational and workflow skills
- Dependable and reliable
- Understanding that the time commitment may fluctuate, particularly in the lead up to delivery of events or marketing campaigns
- High level communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- A self-starter that is willing to identify areas for improvement
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role or folio, ideal but not a deal breaker
- Passion for pet rescue and raising awareness for animal rights
- Inspiring online folio
- Skills with Premiere Pro and After Effects
The following Core Competencies are the skills, knowledge and behaviour expected of an employee or volunteer at Maggies Rescue.
- Communication Skills - High level of communication, clearly and professionally in written and oral form, ranging from factual reporting to story-telling style.
- Initiative and Confidence - Generates and acts on new ideas that add value to the business. Looks at different ways to solve problems and address difficulties. Always offers a solution to an issue they face.
- Achievement Drive - Set goals and strives to achieve them with enthusiasm and determination.
- Respect - Treats colleagues and customers in a manner which demonstrates professionalism, integrity, honesty and fairness and without judgement.