The heritage-listed Perth Central Fire Station (25 Murray St, Perth) is home to the Department of Fire and Emergency Services’ Education and Heritage Centre. We are looking for dynamic volunteers to assist visitors to explore the building’s unique history and learn about Western Australia’s natural hazards.
The Centre provides an interactive, interesting and fun experience for schools, tourists, families and community groups.
If you are someone who is:
- enthusiastic, energetic and cheerful;
- keen to learn new skills (you don’t need to have knowledge of fire and emergency services);
- looking to be part of a close knit team;
- able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision; and
- reliable and willing to commit to a roster on a regular basis,
- then we are looking for you to join our team.
- Welcome and orientate visitors to the Centre;
- Deliver spot talks and tours for visitors in the Appliance Room, Heritage Gallery and Hazards Gallery;
- Lead activities and demonstrations in the gallery spaces;
- Assist in the delivery of education and school holiday programs and special events.
- Personal and professional development;
- Sense of achievement and purpose;
- Form new friendships as part of a team;
- Ongoing training and support;
- Lunch and refreshments provided;
- Recognition events and social activities.