Volunteer West is advertising this role on behalf of Sharing Shed Melbourne.
We are seeking an experienced and driven Volunteer Coordinator to be a key member of our team. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for developing and operating a volunteer plan to recruit, train, communicate with, reward and manage volunteers. This is an opportunity to become a key member in driving a community-building initiative.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and coordinating a volunteer plan
- Administering a volunteer management database system (TimeCounts)
- Identifying roles for volunteers and developing role descriptions and volunteer agreement forms
- Recruiting volunteers
- Developing and implementing a volunteer roster and allocating tasks
- Briefing and supervising volunteers
- Coordinating inductions and trainings for new and experienced volunteers, as required
- Managing and coordinating volunteer team logistics including efficient sign in/out, access to required amenities and resources
- Conducting post activity volunteer surveys to gain feedback
- Acting as our volunteer ambassador
- Regular reporting to the Committee regarding volunteer matters
- Ensuring Sharing Shed Melbourne Inc. is aware of its legal obligations in respect of its duty of care to its volunteers and that appropriate procedures are in place and compliant.
About You (Qualifications or Experience):
- Relevant volunteer coordination experience is essential
- A willingness to build and be part of the local community
- Demonstrated relationship, organisational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously
The Benefits of Volunteering with us include:
- Playing a key role in the sharing economy by the prevention of landfill and building connected communities
- Exploring your interests and passions through Sharing Shed's goods, skills and knowledge
- Lifelong skills in communication, team building, project management and more - all in a fun and highly motivated environment.