Looking to volunteer in a retail environment? The Salvation Army Coffs Harbour Family Store is looking for new volunteers to help bring HOPE where it’s needed most. Be a part of this by volunteering just a few hours per week as a Retail Sorter in our store.
The Salvation Army Family Stores are a vibrant places where great things happen: generous people donate amazing items, customers enjoy an ever-changing selection of goods, volunteers gain friendships and share experiences, all whilst raising much-needed funds to assist the most vulnerable in your community. You can be a part of this by volunteering a few hours per week as a volunteer Retail Sorter helping with quality control, receiving donations, sorting and lifting of donations, pricing and the hanging of stock in preparation for display.
The volunteer Retail Sorter supports the Store Manager ensuring quality control of donations. Equally important, all Retail Sorters are responsible for fostering a culture of inclusiveness and community spirit among the volunteer team, which will in turn enhance the customer experience in the store.
We have a FABULOUS shop and an AMAZING team that will make your time with us both fun and rewarding. If you are a little out of practice or are brimming with confidence or somewhere in between, we will gladly welcome you and look forward to working together.
Integrity Checks may be a requirement of this role - WWCC will be required if working with team members U18.
Personal Attributes and Qualities
- Reliable, fit, active and able to lift and carry
- Team worker with positive outlook
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Good match for the team and The Salvation Army values
Understand & Use PPE
- Work according to policy and procedure
- Look after personal and organisational property
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
Qualifications & Experience Requirements For The Role
- Customer service, retail or merchandising experience would be beneficial, but not essential as on the job training and induction are provided for the right candidates
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration, training and induction modules
Roster & Time Commitment
- Various shifts as rostered by the manager, Mondays/Tuesdays/Wednesdays - 12:30noon to 4pm
- Please advise your availability in your expression of interest
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
The Salvation Army is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.