SisterWorks is a partner of UN Women to deliver the UN Women’ Second Chance Education pilot project in Australia. SisterWorks provides training programs to the most vulnerable women with little English of Refugee and migrant backgrounds. As a Jewellery Making Teacher, you will be working in the SisterWorks training room, empowering women by teaching new skills on-site and/or online.
- Create new jewellery making programmes, tutorials and materials lists
- Welcome students, encouraging them to know each other and ensuring they have a positive experience during the training
- Use available SisterWorks tools, such as application and games, to provide the first training instructions
- Set up the activity, selecting necessary materials for the day
- Teach the product making process and supervise women performance, checking the quality of their product after every step
- Work in a team with other teachers and coordinators, organizing activities and sharing responsibilities
- Encourage Sisters to organize the room together, ensuring all materials will be returned to storage at the end of each session