The Salvation Army Coffs Harbour, NSW is a thriving church which is heavily active in the local community providing a place for worship, services and programs. We're looking for a cheerful, responsible and caring driver who loves people and helping others.
This role is Thursdays - 8:30am to 12:30 pm during school terms.
About the role. This volunteer role facilitates transportation of people to/from The Salvation Army Corps. A typical day will see you pick up 21 seater bus from church premises, drive out to Boambee East to pick up community members participating in our Recreate Art Therapy Program. One drop off needs to be made to a day care centre and return to church by 10am for the commencement of the program. Driver will be required to head out again at 11:30am to drive community participants back home, with a pick up from a day care centre in Boambee East before last drop off. Return bus to church by 12:30noon.
This will be a rewarding role for a person who would love to help community members, both indirectly and directly, to live a holistically healthy life with the desired outcome of safe transportation of goods and passengers to/from The Salvation Army.
Attention to road safety, reliability and ensuring the van is kept clean and in good condition are a must.
The Volunteer driver role requires
- Applicants to have a good driving history
- Light rigid (LR) licence and experience in heavy vehicle driving.
- Providing a responsible, caring and friendly environment for our passengers
- cleaning and refueling of vehicle.
- punctuality and reliability
- ability to load and unload the van safely.
- good interpersonal skills and willingness to work with people from a diversity of backgrounds
- ability and willingness to work singly or in a small team
- a willingness to work within the ethos and values of The Salvation Army
Integrity checks, completion of TSA induction modules, volunteer registration process and training will be required for this role.
A valid LR Class drivers licence and good driving history are a requirement of this role.
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will be provided to the successful candidate.
The Salvation Army is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.