The Coffs Harbour NSW Family Store team is seeking a responsible person to act as an assistant to the Truck Driver for large donation pickups from the community and sorting items at the store. A reasonable level of fitness is required for this role as it requires lifting/moving donated items.
The Salvation Army has measures in place to ensure the well being of volunteers through stringent adherence to health and safety regulations, and government directives at this time.
The successful candidate will be supported with induction and training to succeed in the role.
A role profile for this volunteer position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
The Tasks Associated with the Role Include;
- Pick-up and delivery service, providing a quality transport service
- Assist to load and unload goods to and from the vehicle
- Be prompt, courteous and respectful when interacting with others
- Quality control of donations
- Sorting Donations
Personal Qualities/Attributes Required for the Role;
- Experience in a similar role such as furniture removal advantageous, but not essential
- Punctual and reliable with a friendly and positive disposition
- Able to work in a team and autonomously when required
- A respect and willingness to work within the ethos of The Salvation Army (TSA)
Mandatory Requirements of the Role;
- Complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Complete The Salvation Army induction modules and any other training as required
- Criminal History Check (Police Check) and any other integrity checks as required for the role
An LR licence would be beneficial in the role, but is not mandatory for this position.
Time commitment: Monday - Thursday between 9am and 12:30noon (2 people), 12:30noon to 3:30pm (2 people) Hours to be negotiated with Line Manager. Please advise your availability in your application
The Salvation Army is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.