SisterWorks is a partner of UN Women to deliver the UN Women’ Second Chance Education pilot project in Australia. SisterWorks provides training programs to the most vulnerable women with little English of Refugee and migrant backgrounds. As a Sewing Teacher, you will be working in the SisterWorks training room, empowering women by teaching new sewing skills.
As part of this role, you will:
- Welcome students, encouraging them to know each other and ensuring they have a positive experience during the training
- Provide SisterWorks sewing program, using equipment and tools available at SisterWorks
- Set up the activity, selecting necessary machines, tools and materials for the training
- Teach the skills specified in the training manual and supervise women performance, checking the quality of their product after every step
- Work in a team with other teachers and coordinators, organizing activities and sharing responsibilities
- Encourage Sisters to do all the cleaning together, ensuring all materials will be returned to storage at the end of each session