Volunteer West is advertising this position on behalf of the Sunshine Street Band.
We are a friendly and welcoming street band for people who are enthusiastic about music and community. We’re looking for a media & PR volunteer to help raise our profile in the local community, and to run our social media pages.
This would be an ideal opportunity for students studying music management, or marketing and PR to promote the band and gain professional experience. You can make this role your own, and work with the band to achieve their aims. You don’t need to play an instrument yourself, but an interest in and appreciation of music and performance would be welcome!
You may be required to attend our concerts in order to take photographs. We perform around the Sunshine, St Albans and Brimbank Council areas. All other work can be done from home.
Tasks would include:
- Updating our Facebook page and creating and managing accounts on other social media platforms
- Taking high-quality photos at concerts to upload to social media
- Any other media-related tasks as needed
Some of the benefits of volunteering with us include:
- Being part of a welcoming community, and meeting new people
- Improving your skills and getting some work experience
- A reference and making new connections