BETTER (Building East Timor Through Education/Resources) is an Australian registered charity with a vision of empowering 1 in 4 people in East Timor with revolutionary education by 2030 that creates transformational impact for future generations. As a pioneer leader in charitable education, we aim to enhance the communities of East Timor through education, and provide them with a ‘hand-up’ rather than a ‘hand out’.
BETTER is actively seeking its first Fundraising Coordinator, reporting directly to the Fundraising Director/Managing Director, whose main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing BETTER's fundraising plan
- Providing strategic advice in relation to donor acquisition, engagement and retention
- Helping to acquire new donors and transition existing donors to higher value giving relationships
- Communicating and engaging with donors
- Organising and delivering high-quality donor events
- Assisting with the development of key philanthropic messages and content for digital communications and campaigns
- Assisting with managing donor databases
- Reporting to the Fundraising Director/Managing Director on targets and financial and KPI progress
For the right candidate, this voluntary opportunity has great potential to gain further exposure as well as taking the lead on their own projects.
In terms of time commitment, we have a flexible approach to this, as we understand everyone is different. In order to achieve our ambitious mission, we request you commit approx. 3 hours per week.
As well as having a passion for making a positive impact in the world, the ideal candidate will have experience with fundraising, grant-writing and/or donor support, ability to work independently and achieve targets, ability to lead a portfolio/fundraising program with confidence
It will suit someone who is keen to advance his or her career within Fundraising and work with some experienced individuals.
BETTER is a charity organisation that is 100% volunteer-led, from our General Manager through to our all-important admin team, and it is because of this that we know the time gifted to us by our volunteers is how we will continue to succeed.
As a volunteer of BETTER, you will have access to:
- Making life-changing impacts on the communities of East Timor
- Mentoring opportunities
- Professional development to expand your skillset(s) -Making meaningful connections with other passionate individuals through our social experiences
- Genuine opportunities to gain leadership experience
- Enhancing your resume to become a ‘standout’ candidate
- Employment references provided
We believe in a “win-win” culture, which includes increasing your employability and/or accelerating your career. 10% of our volunteers, so far, have gained new employment and/or been promoted in their paid career.
Want to know more?
If you want to know more about volunteering with BETTER, please click “Apply” below and we will send you a link to a short video, where you will hear our Founder, Ornella Byak, share her story about how at an inspiring age of only 14 she has made a lasting impact in East Timor. We hope you find Ornella’s passion for East Timor contagious and want to join us in empowering the communities of East Timor through education.
BETTER, is an equal opportunities volunteer organisation that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All volunteer decisions at BETTER are based on organisation needs, requirements and individual skills/qualifications, without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the location where we operate. BETTER will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages.