Do you enjoy a friendly chat and good listening skills? Come and join the Wesley Mission Community Visitors Scheme.
We have an 80-year-old gentle man who is looking for someone to have a chat with or maybe a short outing. Visits are held during the day and can be Monday to Friday or weekends, at a time to suit both the person and the volunteer visitor.
“If you would like to put some joy back into an older person’s life why not join us?” Volunteers are required to visit older community members who live in an aged care facility but who are socially isolated.
- Visits are held during the day and can be Monday too a Friday or weekends, at a time to suit both the person and volunteer visitor.
- Visit duration is a minimum of 1 hour per fortnight.
- Orientation training and ongoing support are provided.
- Requirements – need to be over 18 and consent to a National
- criminal Police History check.
- preference is for a male volunteer 50+
Organisation Mission – Do all the good you can because every life matters.