SisterWorks is a partner of UN Women to deliver UN Women’ Second Chance Education pilot project in Australia. SisterWorks provides training programs to the most vulnerable women with little English of Refugee and migrant backgrounds. As an English Teacher Volunteer, you will be providing a training programme online, empowering migrant and refugee women by teaching them conversational English.
- Prepare and conduct English training online with the training programme guide prepared by SisterWorks.
- Supporting SisterWorks Empowerment Hubs develop English Programme for Sisters and suggest resources, tools to be used in the Programme.
- Welcoming Sisters, encouraging them to know each other and ensuring they have a positive experience during the training.
- Assess and report the English level of each participant and plan and adjust their training programme as required.
- Work in a team with other teachers, organising activities and sharing responsibilities.
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Previous experience in teaching English, preferably for clienteles from a multicultural background.
- Ability to teach online using online meeting tools such as google meet, Zoom.
- Ability to follow programme instructions and guidance.
- Prior experience working with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to lead activities and teach others.
- Good listening and observation, organisation skills.
- Capacity to work as part of a team.
This role is best suited to someone -
- with a good command of spoken and written English
- is confident working with women of varied cultural backgrounds and limited English skills;
- has a warm and inviting personality
- who is organised and proactive; and
- can work in a dynamic environment and problem solve challenges with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.