Project Yumi is an Australian registered charity that builds effective partnerships with local communities in Papua New Guinea, to enhance the quality of education and health care. We achieve this through providing educational and health resources, to rural areas in PNG.
Our team is seeking a proactive and organised individual who will be responsible to organise and host key events to drive registration, inform the community of our organisation and inspire fundraising. As the fundraising and events coordinator you will become apart of our incorporated association as a management committee member. ($50 year fee for new members)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Communicate with team on events and fundraisers that are approaching from organisation calendar. Provide plans including budgets at all meetings and take action immediately to ensure event is organised appropriately. *Report on outcomes of events and fundraisers.
- Be well informed on organisation constitution, rules and extra activities Create, organise and manage events & fundraisers and measure their effectiveness to benefit the organisation . Keep appropriate records of all events and fundraisers- email communication, quotes, receipts, forms, bookings etc. *Assist volunteer coordinator with tracking and recording of hours and co-ordination of volunteers.
- Obey Office of Fair Trading laws in regards to fundraising in Queensland.
- Keeping records of all expenditure including providing quotes, invoices and purchase receipts to the Treasurer.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in Events or Fundraising will be highly regarded
- Proven skills with Microsoft Word, Excel spreadsheets and PDF’s.
- Great communication skills
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgement
- Self driven individual who can deliver set tasks with passion and energy.
This is a volunteer position so no reimbursement is available. Commitment: 6 months + (2-5 hours a week when needed)