The Highlands District Cricket Association (HDCA) are seeking expressions of interest for a talented, creative and energetic social media manager to join the team. Our new social media manager will be responsible for creating content and moderating our social media channels.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for building the HDCA social community across a variety of social media profiles. Understanding how to create loyalty and evolve an organic social strategy, you will work closely with all board members to curate content. With hands-on experience in the social media space, the Social Media Manager will stay up to date with the latest platforms, capabilities and rules. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations, the Social Media Manager will support the board in promotion of competitions and events. The Social Media Manager will encourage community conversation and drive to deliver improvement to the HDCA image through authentic engagement strategies.
- Ability to successfully articulate a consistent brand voice across all channels
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong delivery mindset with high attention to detail
- Ability to create content that achieves desired board outcomes
- Supremely well organised
- Able to work independently and part of a team
- Interest in local cricket
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of social media networks and how best to leverage them (focusing on, but not limited to Facebook and Instagram)
- Confidence and ability to take the lead on social media
- Decode analytics to ensure our social media is reaching optimal engagement
- Be confident, self-motivated and proactive in organising your day to meet key deadlines
- Leap on opportunities and making things happen whether they’re scheduled or unexpected.
- Understand the key social, fundraising and sporting activities that will take place throughout the year and develop strategies to support and promote each activity
- Create your communication strategy – break it into pre, during and post season strategies and define the information that will be included when and how?
- Understanding of the HDCAs social media policy, ensuring you, and all who engage on the social media platforms abide by this.
- Update HDCA social media platforms throughout the week (updating followers on scores, results, injuries, achievements milestones, events etc)
- Promote HDCA key activities and events throughout the year,
- Promote sponsors
- Engage with all divisions of the association to ensure their message and stories are being continually promoted and communicated.
- Develop and deliver social media plan in line with plan established by Director of Marketing and Public Relations
- Submit regular reports to the Board
- Develop, in conjunction with the board, goals for development and growth of social media platforms
- Upkeep of the HDCA website
Please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter via email to Tahlia on [email protected]