Join our Dynamic Volunteer Team
Uniting Amala is looking for compassionate people to join us in the role of volunteer Social Support. The key function of this role is to provide provide meaningful social support and companionship to our residents living with dementia. The right person will be patient, positive, and engaging. This role may come with some behavioral challenges however our trained staff will provide you with the support, training and resources required.
If you enjoy any of the following we have an opportunity for you!
- Arts and crafts
- General conversation and reminiscence
- Going for walks
- Music and sing along
- Making and having a cuppa with our residents
- Reading poetry , stories and magazines
What we can Offer you
At Uniting, our volunteers are supported in the same way as our paid people. Volunteers are offered:
- A thorough orientation; consisting of a suite of online modules and service induction
- To join development workshops, such as our Leading Self and Living our Values workshops
- Specific role training – this might include sharing best practice training tools or on the floor training by our qualified teams
- A platform to engage with others in our volunteer community
- Opportunities to provide feedback and be a part of our continuous improvement
- And to be a part of our Uniting celebrations
Our volunteers make up 20% of our people and play an important role in our service to community. Come join our work and our Uniting family.