The Salvation Army is one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Brisbane Recovery Services is in need of several friendly and capable volunteer Catering Team Members to assist with the preparation and serving of meals at our AOD centre. This volunteer role would be perfect for someone wanting to support others and make a difference in their community. Come and join our great team today!
This volunteer role supports:
- Preparation and service of meals and beverages.
- Quality customer service provision.
- Maintaining a clean, safe, hygienic and healthy work environment in keeping with health regulations.
- Assisting with other tasks as directed.
- Ensure meals are delivered within the directed time frame.
Your attention to detail and a desire for order and sparkle will be assets in this role, as will your upbeat and friendly attitude.
Qualifications and experience requirements for the Role:
- Experience in customer service desirable
- Good understanding of hygiene is essential
- Experience in preparing food and condiments desirable
- Relevant Food Handling Certificate.
A role profile for this position is available upon request and will also be provided to the successful applicant during the interview process.
The Salvation Army values its workforce and provides an inclusive work environment, embracing the diverse talent of its people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation that is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of children and young people and protecting them from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.