Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a vibrant team who are supporting vulnerable and marginalised members of our community?
The Salvation Army Balga Corps Doorways program is seeking compassionate volunteers to help to provide immediate assistance to those experiencing hardship and crisis. This important role is ideal for those who are organised and confident in dealing with people, providing support and guidance in their time of significant need.
This role provides crisis management services to clients in need of support, guidance and assistance whilst respecting the privacy of the client.
Mondays and Tuesdays - 8:30am - 4:00pm
This Volunteer Role Will Be Responsible For:
- Conduct assessment interviews
- Inform applicants of Centre policy & resources, including privacy & confidentiality and data collection
- Provide empathetic client service
- Listen and ask appropriate questions without making judgements
- Provide emergency relief within guidelines and program resources
- Provide relative information on other services or refers to appropriate support including Doorways Caseworker
- Obtain client’s written permission on ” Release of Information” prior to referral or contact with other service providers
- Assist with administration duties, data entry and telephone enquiries
- Record changes to client situations, current issues and details of interview outcome on clients file
- Record required statistical information
- Maintain strict confidentiality in regard to client information
- Maintain appropriate case notes through clear, concise and factual records of conversations
- Monitor and address any health and safety concerns within the premises
Qualifications and Experience Requirements for the Position:
- Completion of the TSA Emergency Relief Course (3 Units of Competency) or equivalent TSA delivered/authorised training
Mandatory Requirements Of The Role
- Fully complete The Salvation Army's volunteer registration process
- Current Criminal History Check (Police Check) required
- Complete TSA induction modules and any other training as required (e.g. Child safe organisation induction)
The Salvation Army is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If you are looking for an on-going front line volunteer role, this is the one!