About us Aurous Ltd is committed to using the power of connection to reduce isolation and loneliness in Australia's most vulnerable.
This is achieved through our social connection programs including Digital Mentoring, Digital Visits, In-Home Visits, Drop-In Chat and Group Chat programs.
However, we cannot achieve this without the wonderful support of our volunteers!
About the role We are seeking volunteers who can speak Italian fluently, to support seniors to increase their digital skills, improve confidence and connection, through 1 hour weekly sessions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support Participant in learning how to use their Samsung Tablet.
- Support Participant in learning new digital skills. This could be emails, Facebook, downloading apps, YouTube, online shopping and more.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring sessions for 1 hour per week, via Team Viewer and telephone.
- Participate in monthly catch up sessions with assigned Connection Support Officer
- Participate in online induction, training and ongoing training and development.
- Participate in virtual reward and recognition events and check-ins.
- Work in a safe manner.
- Adhere to the organisation's policies, procedures and guidelines.
Can't speak Italian but love to become a Digital Mentor? Check out our Digital Mentor ad listed on this site.
Please note, upon submitting your expression of interest, you will be asked to submit a formal application by visiting our website.
Why volunteer for us? Aurous Ltd recognises and values the impact our volunteers make on the lives of Participants and the organisation. As such we have ongoing training and development, online thank you events, virtual volunteer positions, reward and recognition strategy, excellent and supportive culture, assigned Connection Support Officer and more!