Aurous Ltd is on a mission to reduce isolation and loneliness for seniors through our social connection support programs.
To help achieve our mission, we have a team of 350 volunteers who make meaningful impact and connection with seniors on a weekly basis.
The heart of the organisation, our volunteers provide seniors with dignity, an opportunity to share their stories and lived history and converse over mutual shared interests.
Sadly, during COVID many of us have experienced isolation an loneliness. However, for many seniors they have been living with isolation and loneliness for many years, pre-pandemic.
No body wants to be or feel alone. At Aurous Ltd, we understand the power of connection and conversation and are seeking individuals to partner with us and provide in-person visits to seniors in the Bribie Island and Caboolture region.
A week in the life of an Aurous Ltd volunteer includes:
- Providing weekly in-person visits to one or multiple seniors (we aim to match on shared interests), in the Bribie Island or Caboolture region.
- Listening to seniors share their story.
- Playing games, read, listen to music together.
- Participating in online induction, training and development.
- Attending online social events hosted by Aurous Ltd.
- Participating in monthly check-in calls with your allocated Connection Support Officer.
- Volunteering in a safe manner and following policies, procedures and guidelines.
This role is NOT conducting domestic, gardening or transport assistance.
Please note, upon submitting your expression of interest, you will be asked to submit a formal application by visiting our website.
Don't live near Bribie Island or Caboolture but still keen to get involved? Visit our website or other positions listed on Volunteering Queensland.