VOLUNTEER WEST IS ADVERTISISNG THIS POSITION ON BEHALF OF SETTLEMENT SERVICES INTERNATIONAL
ABOUT US SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with all people who have experienced vulnerability, including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality. SSI draws on its expertise and experience to advocate for the people and communities it serves. Through the work we do, we empower people to change their lives. Through our advocacy and representation, we influence ideas and policy.
From a staff of one in April 2011, SSI now employs over 800 employees (including 180 bilingual guides) and over 350 volunteers. In 2018, SSI merged with Access Community Services. We now operate locally, nationally and internationally, with offices in metro and regional Queensland, NSW and Victoria.
YOUR TASKS WILL INCLUDE
- Phone – Language Support Volunteers will be in a three-way call with SSI Jobs Victoria staff, the client and volunteer to help people navigate employment and training services and prepare them for secure suitable employment, ensuring they are aware of the supports available.
- Ensure client and SSI Jobs Victoria staff are provided with clear and accurate information.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Actively support SSI’s vision and values.
- Comply with SSI policies and procedures.
- Follow all reasonable directions provided by Jobs Victoria staff or delegate.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH THE FOLLOWING SKILLS
- Previous experience working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
- Fluent language in Arabic, Assyrian, Bangla, Burmese, Cantonese, Chaldean, Dari, Dinka, Farsi, Hazaragi, Hindi, Karen, Mandarin, Pashto, Rohingya, Singhalese, Somali, Tamil, Urdu and Vietnamese.
- Professional communication.
- Friendly and supportive approach to clients.
- Compliance to Organisation’s Principles, Code of Conduct, WHS and confidentiality requirements.
THE BENEFIT OF VOLUNTEERING WITH US
- Engagement: Continue your involvement as an SSI Volunteer, who’s skills and time is hugely appreciated for the operations of client service delivery.
- Training: Volunteers will be provided with access to SSI’s flexible, extensive and innovative training program.