Volunteer with Vinnies to make a difference for those in need. For some Vinnies volunteers, this is a chance to give something back to the community, to use their skills and experience to make a difference in the lives of people who need assistance the most. For others, it is a chance to develop new skills, experience and meet like minded people in a supportive environment.
As a retail volunteer, you will play a central role in the operations of the shop, making a significant and valuable contribution to the St Vincent de Paul Society. Many of our stores trade 7 days a week, so as little as 4 hours a week could make a huge impact.
Our retail volunteers perform a variety of tasks including:
- Providing customer with an excellent shopping experience
- Sorting and pricing donations
- Assisting with product displays
- Processing sales through the point of sale cash register
- Keeping the store and sorting area tidy, whilst maintaining safe work practices