Parramatta Mission is located only a few minutes walk from the train station. The purpose of the organisation is to provide basic needs, support and emergency assistance to people who are vulnerable, facing a crisis or disadvantaged.
This role will help support our new project 'ReInspired Threads' which is our online Op Shop.
This position would suit someone who has a keen interest in social media and online promotions, giving you an opportunity to develop and apply your skills in a business environment and gain experience with various media and platforms. Some knowledge is required, but training and guidance will be provided for the successful candidate.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Ideally we are looking for someone who:
- Manages time effectively
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has knowledge of online and social media channels
- Has experience or skills in handling images and design
- Has a friendly disposition
BENEFITS FROM VOLUNTEERING
There is much to be gained from Volunteering, including but not limited to:
- Meet new people and create friendships
- Learn new skills
- Gain Valuable work experience
- Support others in the community who would benefit from these services provided
- Develop self-confidence