Context & Purpose of Role
After being significantly impacted by COVID-19 for 18-months, Ondru is rebuilding the organisation to develop and deliver pioneering and impactful local and international projects. We are exercising strong leadership, sustainable strategy, partnerships and lot of hard work to transform Ondru into a thriving organisation again. Currently we are working on an Indigenous project based in Melbourne while building a new website to be launched later this year.
As part of the rebuilding phase, we are seeking a values-aligned, skilled and committed person to join us for a minimum of 6-months to re-develop the Marketing function in an effective manner within the organisation.
Why volunteer at Ondru?
- You have a genuine opportunity to create meaningful change and to contribute towards giving voice to silent and unheard human stories that express the human condition.
- In this rebuilding phase, you have the opportunity to directly make a difference in transforming Ondru into a thriving organisation again and support social change.
- Be part of a dynamic organisation and a community that is working hard towards creating a more compassionate, connected and equitable society.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The position is responsible for:
- Providing advice and assistance to the CEO on marketing matters;
- Leading the development and implementation of the overall Brand / Marketing Strategy;
- Further establishing the brand identity for Ondru;
- Assisting with managing the development and launch of the new website; and
- Developing and proofing content ideas for marketing and stakeholder communications, both print and online.
Key Selection Criteria
- Passionate about people and a commitment to the purpose and values of Ondru;
- Demonstrated sound experience in marketing or public relations;
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent organisational, time management and problem-solving skills;
- Able to use initiative and “make things happen” (i.e. ‘hands on’ approach);
- Possess high levels of personal and professional integrity and confidentiality; and
- Excellent computer literacy skills and must have your own laptop.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this position it is preferred that you have:
- Tertiary qualification in marketing or related field;
- Openminded – with a willingness to challenge your own thinking and have the ability to adapt and be flexible to the changing needs of the organisation;
- Be committed to working in a team environment while promoting inclusivity and collaboration; and
- Be hardworking, hands on, energetic and vibrant.