On Saturday 4th December 2021. Walking Stars will take place under the dazzling lights of Melbourne and we are seeking volunteers to help us deliver this extra special event.
will be situated at the Start Line, Finish Line and around the track and are crucial to not just helping participants find their way along the correct course for their designated distance, but in creating and fun and positive atmosphere.
Your involvement will include:
- Provide friendly support to participants in creating in creating an orderly start to the race.
- Help along the track by ensuring participants are taking the correct routes.
- Assist with the handing out of fruit and supplement bars at the conclusion of race.
- Actively seek and listen to input and feedback from participants and report participant concerns back to the Team Leader.
- Perform and assist event staff on any other duties as required.
- Promote a positive safety culture by contributing to health and safety consultation and communications and through active participation in the reporting of hazards, incidents and near misses.
- Take responsible care for your own health and safety and for the health and the safety of others.
Shifts will be 4-6 hours starting between 9am and 11pm and finishing between 9am and 3am. Longer shifts will include breaks, with a meal being provided.
Training sessions for all volunteers are to be confirmed.
You must attend one of these training sessions to receive all the required information and be prepared for your role on the big day.