The Shrine of Remembrance is Victoria's pre-eminent memorial to the service and sacrifice of Australian men and women in times of war and peacekeeping. It is a building with a soul, featuring the stories of ordinary people in extraordinary times whose efforts and experiences helped shape our nation.
The Shrine wishes to recruit two Shrine Governors to join an existing team of 11 Life Governors and Governors. Shrine Governors assist the Trustees with the conduct of ceremonial and other related activities at the Shrine. The annual time commitment required of each Governor is approximately 50 hours.
The role provides the opportunity to be part of the delivery of the Shrine’s ceremonial program. Governors:
- act as MC at commemorative services before live and broadcast audiences;
- welcome and liaise on-site with ex-service and veteran organisation representatives (including VIPs), service participants, attendees, and visitors;
- assist on matters relating to ceremonial protocol with service organisers;
- contribute to the evaluation and ongoing improvement of services; and
- participate in Life Governor and Governor meetings and attend non-ceremonial Shrine programs and events.
Successful candidates will:
- have empathy for and commit to serving the purpose of the Shrine of Remembrance;
- have current or prior military service in a leadership capacity;
- have good interpersonal and communication skills, including experience and confidence in public speaking;
- be of good character and be capable of undertaking representational duties; and
- be available to attend the Shrine as rostered on weekdays and weekends.
A copy of the position description is available on the Shrine website at shrine.org.au/jobs-and-internships or shrine.org.au/shrine-volunteers
For further information about this position please contact Anthony Langley Human Resources Adviser [email protected] or 0427045785.
Applications addressing the Selection Criteria contained in the position description should be emailed to [email protected] by close of business Friday 22 October 2021.