Big Group Hug is a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organisation that supports vulnerable and disadvantaged families in need, by providing new and pre-loved goods to help these families care for their children, aged from newborn to 16-year-old. Our core belief is that all children deserve the best start in life, so for us, the child is the focus of everything we do. Our team is made up of over 300 individuals/volunteers who are determined and committed to assisting every family who asks for help. We receive requests for specific and essential items through Case Workers, Maternal and Child Health Nurses or other professionals in the community.
Tasks will include:
- Sorting donated goods (clothes, toys, books and other items)
- Preparing clothes or toy packs for babies and children
- Cleaning donated books and toys
- Meeting and greating donors and case workers
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be involved in a great community organisation that makes a difference to families in need.
- Gain valuable work experience, and a reference.
- Improve you English while volunteering at the warehouse
We encourage people from CALD backgrounds to apply and become part of our great Big Group Hug community!