Are you interested in Tennis?
Morphett Vale Tennis club is in need of a Volunteer Junior Coordinator
Would you like to assist in the smooth running of Junior activities (competitions, presentations, Fun Days) in the club?
This is an administrative/managerial role, mostly during the school weeks.
Do you have knowledge of or ability to learn tennis rules?
Are you good on mobiles & computers? (using new apps)
Do you live local to the club?
Then read on..and apply now!
Some weeks might require more work than others, depending on the number of fill-ins required.
Can you communicate well with parents and children? Are you able to work unsupervised, make decisions and manage parents and children?
Within this role you will report to Junior Manager and co-operate with other volunteers of the club as well as coaches or other people that do paid activities.
All necessary training will be provided.
- Make sure each week all teams have enough players (organise fill-ins) and know where to play
- Attend to club training on Thursdays (1 hour. 5-6pm)
- Be a venue supervisor of matches on some Fridays (up to 4 hours, 6pm-10pm max)
- Be a venue supervisor of matches on Saturday mornings (5 hours) during school weeks (not on long weekends)
- Tasks of a venue supervisor: make sure courts are fit for play (organise parents to help with cleaning of courts), nets are correct height, roster courts, distribute balls and help with the running of matches (rules and scoring) and filling of scoresheets.
- Help with enrolments at the beginning of Summer and Winter seasons. From time to time help with running of tournaments or any other activities (Fun Days) at the club during school holidays.