Assist Junior Manager in the smooth running of Junior activities (competitions, presentations, Fun Days) in the club.
This is an administrative/managerial role, mostly during the school weeks.
- Some weeks might require more work than others, depending on the number of fill-ins required.
- Must be interested in tennis - it's okay if you can't play!
- Knowledge of or ability to learn tennis rules
- Must be good on mobiles & computers (using new apps)
- Be good at communication with parents and children
- Be able to work unsupervised, make decisions and manage parents and children.
- Be able to report to Junior Manager and co-operate with other volunteers of the club as well as coaches or other people that do paid activities.
All necessary training will be provided.
- Make sure each week all teams have enough players (organise fill-ins) and know where to play
- Attend to club training on Thursdays (1 hour. 5-6pm)
- Be a venue supervisor of matches on some Fridays (up to 4 hours, 6pm-10pm max)
- Be a venue supervisor of matches on Saturday mornings (5 hours) during school weeks (not on long weekends)
- Tasks of a venue supervisor: make sure courts are fit for play (organise parents to help with cleaning of courts), nets are correct height, roster courts, distribute balls and help with the running of matches (rules and scoring) and filling of scoresheets.
- Help with enrolments at the beginning of Summer and Winter seasons. From time to time help with running of tournaments or any other activities (Fun Days) at the club during school holidays.