SisterWorks is a partner of UN Women, to deliver UN Women’ Second Chance Education pilot project in Australia. SisterWorks provides training programs to the most vulnerable women with little English of refugee and migrant backgrounds. As a Training Coordinator, you will be working with SisterWorks to introduce new women into our program and empowering them to learn new skills and follow pathways to employment, education and entrepreneurship.
- Welcome Sisters, warmly introducing them to their first workshop
- Register new Sisters on the online database (Infoodle)
- Support volunteer teachers conduct training programs
- Update Sister’s information, skills, assessment in Infoodle
- Coordinate with Sisters about classes and their participation in classes
Desired experience and qualifications:
- Skills desirable from a Social Work, Community Development or Community Services discipline would be advantageous
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the experiences for women with a migrant, refugee and seeking asylum background living in an Australian context and demonstrated ability to communicate and work with people from CALD backgrounds
- Strong digital and IT and computer skills, working with CRM software, Microsoft office (Excel,Word, Power Point, Suite, etc.) and ability to learn the database and update/maintain information
- Competent in general administration tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, active listening and observation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Working with Children Check and/or Police Check (if you do not have one, you can apply for one free of cost)
- Available 20 hours per week for 12 months
- Their own laptop they are happy to work on while at SisterWorks
This role is best suited to someone:
- who is resourceful and enthusiastic.
- is confident working with women of varied cultural backgrounds and limited English skills;
- has a warm and inviting personality;
- who is organised and proactive; and
- can work in a dynamic environment and problem solve challenges with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
TO APPLY: Please submit your CV and availability at [email protected]