We’re looking for volunteers to who can spend time with clients to:
- have coffee and chat
- read a book
- help with craft activities and hobbies such as gardening, knitting, sewing
- accompany our clients on social visits and outings, such as to the movies, or to the library, cooking classes, yoga, hairdressing or other appointments
- simply spend some quality one on one time with a client.
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- a positive and friendly attitude
- able to recognize and respect the dignity, privacy, spiritual and cultural needs of clients and have a caring, compassionate nature
- be willing to undertake training
Enjoy the satisfaction of supporting an elder to remain independent with a little help from you. This volunteer role offers flexible hours, and full training and support is provided to successful applicants. Join our Companionship Support Team for a rewarding volunteer experience.