The QLD Treasurer is responsible for ensuring the QLD YP Network is financially sustainable. The Treasurer has overarching accountability for the QLD YP Network’s budget. They are also responsible for contributing to conversations with potential sponsors / partners.
- Manage QLD YP Network budget and advise of significant deviations;
- Manage and perform all financial reporting for QLD YP committee;
- Liaise with the YP National Finance Executive in relation to the YP bank account;
- Review and submit reimbursement claims to YP National Finance Executive;
- Contribute and be part of conversations involving any financial matters;
- Actively explore alternative opportunities to fund QLD YP activities;
- Collaborate with Treasurers in other States and Territories;
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other YP teams within the Network;
- Attend monthly QLD YP committee meetings;
- Attend (or delegate) all National Treasurer Meetings.
- Experience in financial management;
- Experience with grants and/or fundraising in a not-for-profit context (ideal, but not essential);
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Experience managing stakeholders, for example team members or volunteers;
- An understanding of the UN goals, ideals and mission;
- A commitment to furthering positive social change in the community to advance goals of the UN;
- Time to volunteer.