At Short Back & Sidewalks, we relate our success directly to the strength of our management team. To continue operating at our high standards, we’re seeking an experienced general manager to join us.
As an ideal candidate, you’ll be a born leader with previous managerial experience. You’ll have proven experience overseeing operations, and potentially human resources, finance, and communications departments.
You’re an expert communicator with a strong ability to delegate responsibilities and collaborate across a wide range of departments. Ultimately, you’re driven by the desire to lead a team toward maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Objectives of this Role
As a General Manager, you will plan, direct and coordinate the operations of the organisation. You will oversee all aspects of the organisation including HR, fundraising, marketing, communications and administration.
• Develop strategic plans for optimised productivity.
• Review and improve organisational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement.
• Uphold standards of excellence and soaring quality.
• Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships.
• Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning performance goals and assuring their completion while accomplishing your own goals.
• Recruit, onboard, and train high-performing volunteer business plan objectives and philanthropic income.
• Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time.
• Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans.
• Delegate responsibilities, to the best volunteer to carry out, while enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values.
• Resolve internal volunteer staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved.
Skills and Qualifications
• Proven experience in a managerial role
• Strong decision-making capabilities
• Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
• Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
• Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
• Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
• Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field
• Previous performance evaluation experience
• Working knowledge of human resources processes