If you would like to support people with Down syndrome and their families, this is the event for you!
Our small community event runs from 10:30am-1:30pm on Parliament Lawns at Salamanca. There will be entertainment and activities including dancing, drum performances, circus workshops, face painting, craft workshops plus food and drinks available for purchase. Ideally we are looking for assistants from 10am-2pm, it may also be possible to assist for 2 hours if we have enough volunteers. Event is for under 1000 people so masks are not required (we usually expect up to 250).
- assistance with setting up for the event (no heavy lifting) and directing entertainers/activities
- help at entry to event - point out COVID conditions of entry, remind patrons to use QR code or manual sign-in, use counter for numbers, remind patrons if there is a queue at entry to maintain 1.5m distancing
- invite passers-by if they would like to join our event
- general assistance directing patrons and cheerfully helping everyone to enjoy the event
- assist event organisers as required
We greatly appreciate assistance from volunteers. You will be contacted prior to the event to go through duties required. Help at this event will assist our members to enjoy a day together as part of the community. As a not-for-profit organisation we are grateful for funds raised from this event to support our families, provide professional development and training, be able to run dance groups and activities for our members, hold our annual family camp and to provide other much needed support and resources.