The Queensland Rugby League South East Region is the governing body for Rugby League in Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Ipswich local league areas. Our purpose is to UNITE, EXCITE and INSPIRE people through lifelong engagement in Rugby League.
The Queensland Rugby League South East Region Board is calling for nominations to be appointed to the position of Independent Board delegate to the Region. The appointment will be for a term of three (3) years from the South East Region Board 2021 AGM on 13th December.
A Board member occupies a position of trust, confidence, and influence to support the operations of the South East Region Board of delegates. It is important that members conduct themselves in a transparent and consultative way that will maintain and enhance that trust, confidence, and influence. Members will be expected to uphold the values of the Queensland Rugby League which are:
- We are Positive
- We are United
- We are Inclusive
- We are Disciplined
The South East Region is looking for an Independent Delegate who can commit to our values and culture while providing strategic input and advice to assist our region achieve its goals. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives and/or Participation initiatives.
- Commitment to growing the game in South East Queensland
- Personal qualities of the highest standard including a balance of tact, diplomacy, and integrity
- A consultative personality and the ability to reconcile opposing views professionally
- An ability to influence and to drive outcomes
- High-level strategic thinking and analytical skills
- The ability to engage and communicate with all stakeholders
- The ideal candidate will have good networks within the SEQ area and must be able to attend Region meetings (approximately 8 per year at Rugby League Central Queensland and other South East Offices)
- This position will be responsible to Chair the Board of delegates assigned Committee, which would also require the additional commitment of a minimum of four committee meetings a year.
Applicants must provide a one (1) page cover letter containing your expression of interest and an attached PDF resume and email for the attention of Bailey McDougall at [email protected]
Applications close midnight October 28th, 2021. For further information please contact Bailey McDougall.